Intricately woven ~ These handcrafted baskets are truly a piece of art with each one taking several days to make. They are expertly woven by hand by skilled women in Kenya.
All of our woven baskets are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design.
- High-quality wall baskets that are made using fibre extracted from sisal, sweet grass and vegetable dye
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Basket has a hang loop on the back for wall décor
- The baskets are multipurpose , could be used as fruit bowls, home decor( have a string that can used to hang on the wall)
- This oversized woven basket was made by a master-craftsman in an ethical, fair trade environment