Tamaduni Fine Weave Geometrical Sisal Planter Basket - AB03
Tamaduni in Swahili means Traditional. These finely African woven baskets are a reflection of their culture in the colours of the soil of the rural homesteads, the patterns depicts the hills and the valleys of the terrain our weavers come from.
Each basket represents hours of work and has its own unique qualities & reveals layers of stories woven into the strands by the artisans.
Handmade by a self help group of artisans in a remote rural village in Kenya. Due to the arid/dry environment the women rely on weaving before the rainy season. Working directly with the weavers ensures fair trade and sustainability bringing financial security and providing additional income to sustain their livelihood.
** Purchasing one of these baskets supports its makers and helps preserve an ancient craft tradition.
- Each basket is 100% unique, handcrafted with original designs
- Uses 100% locally grown environmental friendly sisal with high quality fibres
- A beautiful tradition of handwoven baskets with multi-functional decorative storage use
- 100% Handmade in High Quality
- True-to-Life: Yes
- Outdoor / Indoor Use: Yes
- Foldable: Yes
- Carry Handles: No
- Handmade: Yes
- Durable and Eco-Friendly: Yes
- ** Designs may vary slightly as they are handmade and unique.
- ** If your basket gets squashed, don’t panic, you can remould it by stuffing with towels or pot of a similar shape
- ** Keep your basket dry, they’re all made from natural materials so will deteriorate it they get damp
- ** Keep away from direct sunlight to keep the colours bright